Move In Information
The Walnut Crossings property team is looking forward to assisting you as you continue to settle into your new home. Please contact any of the following individuals with questions or concerns that you have regarding your move in or leasing process.
Assistant Property Manager:
- The management office must be notified 24-hours in advance and in writing of all moving and delivery activities to ensure that: The elevator and loading dock is properly reserved for your use, staff are notified of person authorized to remove or deliver property, and your moving or delivery event does not conflict with another residents pre-arranged schedule.
- There is to only be one vehicle parked in the loading dock at a time.
- Scheduling is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis and during office hours.
- Elevator and Loading Dock reservations can be made through your RentCafe portal. To make a reservation, login to your RentCafe portal and select Concierge > Reservation.
- The loading dock may NOT be used without permission from management. Any such unauthorized use, will be considered a violation of your lease and, in addition, will be subject to a fee of $500 in each instance.
- Please advise that our property can not accommodate a large 18-wheeler moving truck. These large trucks cannot park on our property, block the streets around our buildings or use the loading dock.
- $50 Municipality fee for occupancy inspection must be paid prior to move-in. Check or money order should be made payable to the Municipality of Monroeville.
- The electric must be transferred into your name on lease start date. Click here to start a new service.
- Utility and rental insurance forms must be uploaded to your tenant profiles before move in payments are accessible.
- All move in charges must be paid before you receive your move in materials (keys, parking permits, Walnut Perks card, promotional refunds, etc). These charges include first month rent, water and sewage, parking fees and/or non-refundable pet fees.
- Moving boxes, after collapsed, may be disposed of in the Walnut Crossings trash room.
Need a moving service?
You're in luck! Friendly Movers and Make Moves Moving Co. is part of our Walnut Perks program! Book one of these movers and receive a discount when moving into a Walnut Capital property. For more information on the discounts, visit our Walnut Perks page.
ElectricityDuquesne Light: 412-393-7100
Cable and InternetVerizion Fios: 800-662-2215
*All utilities must continue to stay in your name until lease end date. Any time utilities are taken out of your name you will be held responsible for any charges and any vacant service fees.
Helpful Account Information
Need to make a payment? Want to submit a service request? Visit your tenant portal to access your account and various online amenities! Make sure to save the log in link to your favorite browsers bookmark bar!
And don't worry, if you forget the web link address, you can always log in to your account by visiting our website and selecting Resident on the right-hand side of the webpage.
Important: Don't forget to update your account information if your email address is changed! Your email address must be current to receive payment notifications, community updates, and other online activity confirmations.
As a Walnut Capital resident, you will occasionally receive emails from us. These emails are important because they include notices and information about your apartment. Some email programs block addresses they identify as spam, even if they are from legitimate sources. We recommend adding [email protected] to your Safe Senders list, so that you don't miss out on these reminders!
We will be sending out SMS alerts to your mobile phone for events such as construction, utility issues, etc. We will never send out an SMS alert that does not have to do with urgent property information. Please opt in to these text alerts in your account settings.
Common Area WiFi
If you would like to request emergency maintenance please call 412.373.1400. Emergency(s) are limited to:
- No heat
- No water
- No air conditioning
- Locked out of unit
- No working toilet in your unit
- Smell of Gas in your unit
- Structural damage to your unit
- Broken pipes/water lines
- Broken elevator
If you would like to report any other non-emergency issues, please call 412.373.1400 and leave a voicemail in our general mailbox and our office will return your call on the next business day.
Walnut Capital Management requires all residents to obtain and maintain evidence of liability insurance throughout the term of your lease, including lease renewals. Prior to your move-in, you are required to purchase and maintain Renters Insurance with minimum liability coverage of at least $100,000. As a reminder, we do not carry insurance to protect you against loss of your personal property. WHAT STEPS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE RENTERS INSURANCE: If your current policy provides for at least $100,000 of liability, you are set! Simply email or send your policy declarations page to the leasing office on your move in date. The insurance declaration page should contain the policy effective date, coverage amounts, policy number, and expiration date.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RENTERS INSURANCE: We recommend you visit our preferred vendor www.ResidentShield.com for a quote and to obtain coverage, or you may secure your coverage elsewhere. You can also purchase personal contents insurance for a small additional fee. To enroll in the ResidentShield plan, feel free to visit the website above or contact the ResidentShield customer service team at 1-800-566-1186. Coverage can begin with ResidentShield immediately, and our office will receive an automatic notification of your online policy purchase.
Understanding Your Landlord Required Tenant Liability Policy
- This policy ONLY provides liability coverage for the apartment community in case of resident- caused damage or loss
- It DOES NOT provide coverage for the residents personal items or belongings
- The apartment community is listed as the Primary Named Insured and all policy interactions are the responsibility of the apartment management staff
- Once you are enrolled, you will be listed as an additional insured on the landlords policy
- The cost for this insurance will be charged and paid with your monthly rent
- DEDUCTIBLE: (Per Loss Occurrence Per Tenant unless indicated otherwise)
Property Damage: Greater of the Tenant Security Deposit or $500.00. Pet damage claims require additional security deposit.
If you have specific questions about this policy please contact the leasing office or call ResidentShield at 1-800-566-1186. You may purchase a standard HO-4 Renters policy from www.ResidentShield.com that WILL cover your contents in addition to the community required liability.
Purchasing With Walnut Perks
Walnut Capital Management is happy to welcome you to the Walnut Perks program. Before painting the town, make sure to research the discounts and perks that Pittsburghs local vendors offer so you can save big on your purchases! Visit our website!
Refer a Friend
Do you have friends who are looking for a place to live? Send them to Walnut Capital! Earn free rent for any referral that moves into one of our properties! Check out our website for more details.